Yesterday was a day off. Paul and I borrowed a car from our condo mate to head to south lake to try to get our promised passes for Heavenly. So late start, I made French toast for breakfast with REAL maple syrup of course, and off we went. It's a lovely drive down and once again, gorgeous views of the lake throughout.
We went to our place in the keys to check email and pick up the post. And I now have a copy of proof I once had a Vermont license, so I shouldn't need to take the driving test! Just the written one. But first things first.
We went to pick up the details for our season passes, but they are not ready yet... They are still doing background checks???!!!! Anyway, could not get pass yet, which means no discount skis or gear, but we are ok for the moment anyway. My skis are a bit stiff to teach in but I will manage.
We went to see our area manager and confirm our lockers for the season, which went fine. I tried on my uniform, which looks ok but I hate the hat! It's warm and soft but so close fitting it makes me look like a pin-head! I know, you all already thing I am a pinhead... ;-)
So we checked out some places for ski discounts for when we get our passes. The good news is once we get them, we ARE able to get free bus access all over south lake tahoe! Woohoo!!
Without passes there wasn't much else to do, so we headed back up north back to kings beach.
Paul got a read bargain on a huge bit of salmon, which he cooked for all of us for supper. Then we hit the books again. Most of us in our condo have now completed the workbook or written part of the exam, so it's now all about our own skiing technique and teaching ability.
There's good news and bad news now.
There is a cold weather front coming through starting Friday. So they can make snow throughout the day as well as the night. And they are forecasting snow showers through this front. They are also expecting one of their big two-day storms with "significant" accumulation. That normally means many feet of snow. Woohoo, right?!
Except the three day on snow exam is supposed to be when this storm actually starts! So after skiing and workin in spring conditions for all this time, we need to adapt quickly to teach and ski in knee deep powder where you cannot see two feet in front of you!
But I always enjoy a challenge, so I will make the best of it!
10 December 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment