08 December 2008

More on the training

Well another day training and we all did teaching of small modules. Paul has discovered his inner child and has been charging down the hill and playing around all day.

I taught our group to ride a chairlift, as if they were beginners. And slowed the chair down to get everyone on and off. Great fun and we all managed safely ( of course! )

Very tired after three long days of skiing all day from 8.30 to 4pm but improving my skiing and teaching abilities no end!

Tomorrow is a day off, then 3 days more training on snow. Then a study day and the exam starts Sunday. Three days later, if I do well, I will be certified as a PSIA level one instructor. Regardless, I have a job for the winter!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck on the PSIA Level 1 test. Something I took away from it that might help:

    1) It's the little details that matter most
    2) Look up from your skis
    3) Actually have fun, it shows in your teaching styles.

    ReplyDelete