27 November 2008

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

Well, it has to be said, so... Happy Thanksgiving!!

I am thankful for the opportunity to live in an area as beautiful as this! and share it with the man I love.... (sorry, I'll stop being soppy)

But, hey waking up to another beautiful blue-sky day with sunshine, overlooking the lake and mountains, I can't help it!

So - last night we had our first 'dinner out' at a new friend's house. This house is amazing, and absolutely stunning! It is a large, log house, which was build by the hands of the original owners. Our hosts last night are the second owners of this house. It is nestled in the woods, and fits in like it was made to be there!

Last night we met the entire family, well some of the in-laws and the kids too, since they had come up to celebrate Thanksgiving! They are very welcoming, and had loads of entertaining stories to tell, about bears raiding neighbors kitchens, termites (in a log house, that is serious business!) and snorkeling!

But anyway, it was one of the first nights the jet-lag was not so harsh and we managed to stay up and have a great night, finally dragging ourselves home around 10.30pm!

Unfortunately, somewhere yesterday the snow turned to rain, and the ride home was a bit, well, WET, and there's no snow to show here in the valley, but we're hoping it was still snow up on the mountain! But, hey. It's Thanksgiving, and I can't complain about the weather!! A real change, after the wettest summer on record (or something near to it) in England!!

So - that's where we are at the moment... enjoy your day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment