This is supposed to be the 'big storm' where 4-5 feet drop in a few days. We are getting snow, pretty consistently, but only at the 'few inches a day' rate, so it is unlikely we get as hammered as they keep predicting!
However, the National Weather Service has issued an Avalanche Warning for any backcountry trecking, so maybe there has been more snow around us, and Heavenly has been located in the Bermuda Triangle of Snowfall.
So, the mountain conditions are still fantastic, with beautiful snow on the groomers, and reasonable conditions in the trees, but there are still a few rocks and stumps around, so we are all being careful! I wear my helmet now, for many reasons..... it keeps my ears warm, my head warm on a cold day (and it is ventilated for the warm days!) and protects me from splitting my head open when I ski in the trees and from crazy-insane skiers and snowboards losing control on the slopes. Lets hope I never need to test its effectiveness, but I wear one anyway!
Have a great day everyone! The snow is fantastic.... but we could still use more!
17 February 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

So glad you DO wear a helmet. Your Mommy appreciates it. I am loving this blog, I hadn't checked it in quite a while so I'm reading all sorts of new stuff. Brava! An excellent job done.
ReplyDelete