28 February 2009

After the craziness of President's week

Paul and I went over the mountain to Reno to visit the 'airlift victim'. She walked out (with a bit of assistance) to the entrance of Renown regional medical centre (the poshest hospital I have ever seen) to see us, which was great!! She has now had all the tubes and drips and everything taken out, so has a bit of freedom, although I think the nausea is still pretty challenging after the surgery. I saw the scar..... it looked as if it was weeks ago, rather than days ago..... and it appears the whole thing is going really well. She has now been released from the hospital, but is awaiting a fitness to fly letter to be allowed to go back to the UK.

As for renown, they appeared to have a piano bar (with a live pianist) a Starbucks, a few 'boutique' shops, a Ben and Jerry's ice cream place and all sorts of other things. There is a little hotel 'attached' so family members can stay, although the room she had was private, and large, and had a pullout sofa, so the family could have easily stayed in the rooms too! If I ever need a hospital (I pray I never will) this one will certainly do!

Up on the mountain, things have calmed down hugely. I shovelled snow around the yurts today (to keep them from collapsing) and then taught a private lesson to a family, consisting of a 3 year old, a 7 year old and the two parents. It was a challenge, but quite fun, really. Let's see what tomorrow brings!

1 comment:

  1. Amazing hospital. It's nice they do it that way. And I thought Dartmouth Hitchcock was nice. Pah. Give me Ben and Jerry's and a Starbucks -- I can't remember the name but it has vanilla and caramel added on the top. Yum.

    ReplyDelete